SFUSD is hitting the road this month with its brand new Mobile Enrollment Center to bring enrollment counselors and paperwork to neighborhoods with large numbers of children and families. This week, enrollment counselors traveled to the Instituto Familiar de la Raza in the Mission District and City College’s Mission Campus, and will continue to appear around the city for the next three weeks. The district hopes to reach more low income families who may not have an easy way to visit the central office to file their application. SFUSD now has a new placement system and a child’s home address plays a larger role in where a child is assigned. Applications are due February 18 for the 2011-12 school year.
SFUSD Mobile Enrollment Centers (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.):
* Tuesday, Jan. 11 / Shih Yu-Lang YMCA / 220 Golden Gate Ave.
* Friday, Jan. 14 / Ella Hill Hutch Community Center / 1050 McAllister
* Tuesday, Jan. 25 / City College S.E. Campus / 1800 Oakdale Ave.
* Thursday, Jan. 27 / Visitacion Valley Boys & Girls Club / 1099 Sunnydale Ave.
* Tuesday, Feb. 1 / Treasure Island Boys & Girls Club / 401-13th Ave (Treasure Island)
* Thursday, Feb 17 / City College S.E. Campus / 1800 Oakdale Ave.