Aug 26 Community Advisory Committee Meeting for Special Education (6:30 - 8:30 PM)
The State Education Code mandates that each Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) have a Community Advisory Committee (CAC). The purpose of the CAC for Special Education is to advocate for effective Special Education programs and services and to advise the Board of Education on priorities in the SELPA. The State Education Code mandates that each SELPA have a CAC and that a majority of CAC members be parents. In San Francisco, CAC meetings are usually held on the fourth Thursday of each month (except July and December). The meetings are from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. The first half hour is an informal discussion with CAC members. The formal public meeting is called to order at 7:00 p.m. These meetings are open to the public; everyone is welcome to attend. Joining the CAC gives you an opportunity to have your opinions heard and make a difference in the way Special Education is conducted in our area -- Please Join Us!
Meetings are held at Support for Families - 1663 Mission Street, 7th Floor, San Francisco (click for map)
* Free childcare and Interpretation are provided.
* You MUST call 920-5040 in advance to reserve these services.
* For more information and to confirm meeting date and location please call (415) 920-5040
Up Coming Meetings
* Thursday, August 26, 2010
Guest Speaker: Rachel Norton, Board of Education Commissioner
* Thursday, September 23, 2010
* Thursday, October 28, 2010
* November - To Be Announced
* Thursday, January 27, 2011
* Thursday, February 24, 2011