After the Immersion night with Dr. Met and the original posting about the Multilingual Master Plan, it seems that the input phase for the new Master Plan is winding down. Does anyone have any information about what will change or be added?
- Will the district combine or change the immersion and bilingual threads? Will the goal still be 1/3, 1/2, 1/3? Or 1/2 and 1/2?
- Will the FLES (enrichment) programs become more academic and a viable language acquisition pathway?
- Will extracurricular programs get a defined curriculum?
- Italian and Russian seem to have started. What languages are next? Arabic? French? Something else?
- When will the changes be made public? When will they be implemented?
Monday, March 30, 2009
Hot topic: Future of multilingual education in SFUSD
An SF K Files visitor has some questions: