Dr. Myriam Met, an international speaker and educator, is a renowned expert on foreign language programs with an emphasis on immersion programs.
- How fluent do students become?
- Does a second language come at a cost?
- How do programs in other states compare with SFUSD immersion programs?
- What can parents do to support their children in immersion?
These questions and more will be addressed by Dr. Met at an exclusive Immersion Night for SFUSD parents and teachers.
Monday, March 16, 2009 - 6:00-7:30pm James Lick Middle School
1220 Noe Street, 25th Street and Noe Street
About Dr. Myriam Met:
Dr. Myriam Met is the former Director and Senior Researcher of the National Foreign Language Center at the University of Maryland. Her previous positions include supervisor of foreign language programs and bilingual education for major urban school districts, including responsibility for designing, implementing, and supervising a variety immersion program models.
J-Church to Clipper & Church Streets, #48 to 24th & Noe Streets, #24 Divisadero to 25th & Castro Streets
For Translation into Spanish and Chinese:
Please RSVP to Ling Chen at
- The SFUSD Multilingual Education Program
- SF/AME (SF Advocates for Multilingual Excellence)
- Mandarin Immersion Parents Council
A generous grant from the Mayor's Office
Call 241-6053 or email
NOTE: LIMITED CHILDCARE SPACE AVAILABLE. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
For more information: