Here's our situation:
We put only four schools on our list. Miraloma was number one and it's still our number one choice. The other three were the obvious top-of-the-list schools.
We toured about five schools. Now I know that's not enough, but we assumed we would get into Miraloma—wishful thinking!
Our assignment is Jose Ortega, and we're not happy with the assignment at all. We live in the Sunset and immersion is not a priority for us.
At this point, I feel like we have no where to go and the clock is ticking away quickly. If I knew then what I know now I would have had backup parochial schools set up—even though we really want to go the public route. Other private schools are really not an option for us because of money. Any one know of parochial schools that are still accepting applications?
For our family situation, I think it would be difficult to go to a school in Bernal or the Mission due to logistics.
I submitted round two with my waitpool request, and I have been told the odds are not in our favor.
What do we do????